DevFest is the annual biggest Google related tech-event. They constitute a unique opportunity to share and network around the latest updates of Web, Mobile and Cloud technologies! This event will be followed by an after-event party to discuss and network!
Who is organizing this event ?
The DevFest Greece #4 is organized by GDG Thessaloniki in partnership with Moonshot Lab and IEK Akmi. More information on the Team page.
How to become a sponsor or partner ?
Where can I leave my luggage ?
Although the event is over several days, we do not allow participants to leave their luggage at the event. Cloakroom service is available free during the 2 days to deposit backpacks and jackets.
Are there discounted tickets?
The discounted rate is applicable only in the following categories:
In all cases, access to the discounted rate will be available only on providing justification proof. In case of breach of these rules, the participant will be asked to pay the difference or not to attend the event. No refund will be provided.
How will the DevFest be organised ?
This 2-days event will include three types of sessions: Conferences (50 minutes), Quickies events (20 minutes) and Codelabs (2 hours). Conferences and Quickies talks will be presentations by renowned speakers or Googlers evoking their favorite technologies. The Codelabs are more informal and will be an opportunity to put your hands (and feet) to work on code in the company of a technology expert in the field.
What are the topics ?
The topics will be based on four themes:
- IoT & Mobile: Topics on the connected objects and mobility
- Web: Topics on latest frameworks or new HTML5, PWA
- Cloud & Big Data: Topics on cloud infrastructures such AppEngine, ComputeEngine and elastic backend technologies
- Discovery: Topics relating to new, new technologies, and even on the UX
And focused on three main Areas:
- Content for Developers
- Content for Businesses
- Content for Students/Education
How to register and how much does it cost ?
Registration for DevFest #4 can be done directly from this site by clicking the link on the home page.
Registration can be done on spot at the entrance of DevFest #4 and only throughout our Eventbrite page electronically and only on the 27 of January 2017 till the end of the first day. We cannot ensure you to give your personalized bag, but we will send you your personalized bag to an address you will provide us. Allow 2/3 weeks for the box to reach you.
Though attendance is free if you want to receive your personalized DevFest bag (including the official T-Shirt, gadgets and swags), reserve your seat and the usage of a desktop post for the codelabs/workshops these are the admission prices:
- € 15 for the 3-day pass (+€ 2 handling fees)
- € 10 for the discounted rate for 3 days pass ( + € 1,74 handling fees)
If I register and am not able to attend, can I get a refund ?
Unfortunately tickets will not be refunded, as we will provide you with your personalized DevFest bag. In case you will not be able to come, please inform us and we can arrange for you to pick it up or we can send you the bag at your address (delivery costs at your expense)
I have registered but I am unable to attend, can I give it to a friend ?
We can accept registration transfers. If you are aware of the change one week before the event, you can inform us, by sending us an email and Cc your friend with all his/her credentials, so that we change the name on the attendee badge. If you are unable to inform us 1 week prior to the event (and are unable to make it), your “friend” must show up with your ticket and he/she will wear the badge registered in your name and will get the DevFest bag with your gadgets and swags. No refund nor exchange can be made to the bag content. (this is valid for the paid tickets)
If you register yourself with the free tickets you can just pass the ticket to your friend without any problem, just inform us about your friend’s name, in case we occasionally make some controls during the event.
Are presentations recorded ?
All sessions except Codelabs will be recorded and made available on the Youtube channel GDG Thessaloniki after one month of the end day of the event.
Are talks in English or Greek ?
The sessions can be both in English and in French, depending on the speakers chosen and the target of them. As many speakers are from abroad, some sessions will be in English. These sessions will be indicated with a special icon.
My presentation has been accepted, do I still need to buy an Entry ticket/ pass for the conference ?
Each speaker/ team of speakers is given a Free pass. It is therefore not necessary to buy a ticket. (Whether you are alone or several to present).
Tango Competition ``DevFest #4``
For this special edition of Google DevFest, for all the RSVP full price tickets, we will give a lottery ticket for the holders to be able to enter the “Tango Competition”.
One special “Tango Tablet” will be the prize for one lucky RSVP attendee.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Only full price RSVP tickets will be granted to enter the competition
- One Lottery ticket for each purchased ticket
- Not refundable
- The lottery ticket is linked to the name and email address of the RSVP full price ticket and will be handed to him/her only
- Winner will be informed by Monday the 30 of January, and he/she will pass and collect the prize
- If winner is unable to come and collect the prize we can send it to a specific address the winner will give us, but at his/her own expenses. (we will not be responsible for any damage during delivery)
- The prize will be available to claim till the 3rd of February 2017 at 23:59.
- Devfest organizers, members of the team and or their families cannot participate to the competition